Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We have local home sellers calling us and submitting their home info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in The Roanoke Valley“. So if you are relocating and need to sell your house in Roanoke , the great news is that we’re able to help a good many of those home owners sell their homes quickly.
There are an insane number of details to keep together when selling a home. Add to that the stress of the reason for the move; a wonderful new job, retirement, a divorce, a sick relative, a foreclosure. Whatever the reason, the process of moving always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Our team can help make the process smooth and a lot less stressful. We have the experience and the systems to make the experience of selling your home a pleasure. While the real estate market is relatively stable right now in The Roanoke Valley, things can change quickly and you don’t want to get caught in the wrong position. As you know, there were some serious horror stories during the housing meltdown, so unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell you home fast in The Roanoke Valley? Contact our team at Living In Roanoke and we’ll meet you for a free initial consultation to begin the process of helping you price your home for marketing with our Comparative Market Analysis.
Steps To Take When Relocating And Need To Sell Your House In The Roanoke Valley…
- Find out what your home is worth: To do this connect with us and we’ll provide you a no cost, no obligation valuation (a CMA) on your property. Once you know what your home may be able to sell for in the current market… you’ll have a basis for how long you may be willing to wait to sell it.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your home: This is a biggie. If you have to move before selling, this may be costly. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job and had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they had originally hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your home and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. We can begin the Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) process quickly and have it in your hands in just a few days. There is no cost or obligation to you, and we will lay out our marketing strategy, show you the method and homes we used to price your home within the current market, and show you how much cash (net proceeds) you will come out with once a contract on your home closes.
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our homes for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage, insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage interest payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.) Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, the cost of real estate fees, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc.
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the route of hiring a professional real estate agent, we’ll be honored to set up a time to come get the CMA process started! If you don’t have the time, or don’t want to go to the expense of having it on the retail market … then a viable option may be to sell your house to a cash home buyer like our sister company, Cross Properties, Inc.
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you should test the market by offering it out at the retail market price obtained through the CMA process. If you are relocating and need to sell your house in Roanoke .